Thursday, July 5, 2012

Miltenberg, in Germany

We were cruising all night and through the morning on the Main river.  There are many towns along the way as well as camping spots with many travel trailers parked along the river's edge.  There were often children playing on the sand at the waters edge.

In mid afternoon we disembarked at the town of Miltenberg.

So disappointed that I left my memory card back on the ship.

We walked around this quaint town, full of old half-timbered houses nestled along the river, said to be one of the most picturesque in all of Germany.  I had already taken several fabulous shots when I noticed there was no card in my camera.

Inside the town we saw Zum Riesen (The Inn of the Giant) which is believed to be Germany's oldest inn.

We were back on the boat for supper and cruised through the night.
Tomorrow we have a full day tour to Wurzburg and Rothenburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment