Monday, July 30, 2012

Athens Day 4, July 30

Well, today is the lost day but as I'm gradually getting a head and chest cold to go with my very sore throat it is just as well.

We had breakfast a little later than usual and Betty went out to explore.  I went back to the breakfast room to finish catching up on the blog.

Now I am writing today's blog today!

One thing I learned on this trip is that cruising and blogging are not compatible.

When I finally finished I went out to get some ice cream to sooth my throat and look, there goes the green tourist train.


I walked around a bit thinking it was cooler today and then found out it was 42 degrees.  Ha, I must have a fever.

I took one last stroll through the flea market near us.


We sure lucked out with this hotel, The Plaka,is in the old historical district of the same name. We get a fantastic breakfast here each morning, we are close by all the historical attractions and lots of eateries.  There is a bank across the street, the flea market as I mentioned and the big shopping street is just a couple of blocks away.  We have close connections to the Metro, tram and trolley which can take you around the city and to the airport and harbor as well.

This little church is also a landmark to our place from a different direction.


Here comes the white tourist train.


We had a rest in the heat of the day and then walked out for supper.

Tomorrow morning we head for the airport to fly to London and then Calgary.
The end of a great holiday has come and so has the end of this blog for now, until I go somewhere else.

See ya on the flip side..

No comments:

Post a Comment